Updated: Sep 5
A small leak can turn into black mold if it is left unaddressed for an extended period of time. Mold requires moisture to grow and can start to develop within 24 to 48 hours of a water intrusion event. If the leak is not fixed promptly, the water can seep into walls, floors, or ceilings, creating a damp environment that is conducive to mold growth.
Black mold, also known as Stachybotrys chartarum, is a type of toxic mold that can cause serious health problems, particularly for people with allergies or weakened immune systems. Black mold can produce mycotoxins, which are toxic chemicals that can cause respiratory problems, headaches, dizziness, and other symptoms.
If you suspect that you have black mold in your home or business, it is important to address the issue promptly.
Call Greenbelt Handyman to address plumbing leaks.